Center Seeking Donations
The Islamic Center of Glendale is seeking your Generous Donations in order to help maintain and enhance its Religious Services to the community and for the cause of ALLAH SWT. The Masjid Mainly Raises Most of it's Annual Operating Budget during the month of Ramadan. Since March of 2019 and the start of COVID-19, the weekly donations is about one third of the weekly donations before the COVID and also the attendees are at the one third level. Therefore we are kindly requesting all our Dear Brothers and Sisters to help us Raise needed Operating Fund
The following are Various Ways of Donating:
NOTE:Your Donations will be considered General Funds unless you send us instructions how would you like it to be considered.
Jazakum Allah Khayrai Addunya wa Al-Akhirah
Guidance for Reopening the Mosques
The Shura Council of S. California and the various Masajids has reviewed the State of California Guidelines for re-opening of places of worship and by working with Imams and a group of experts they developed a Guidance & Guidelines for Reopening the Mosques. We have adopted the guidelines and precautions in the following section in order to ensure that our beloved community members are able to worship in a place as safe as possible.
- All Attendees must maintain a Minimum of Physical Distance of 6 feet ALL AROUND AT ALL TIMES on the Center’s property including but not limited to the parking lot, walkways, stairways, hallways, prayer areas and rooms.
- All Attendees MUST WEAR a FACE MASK.
- All Attendees Must Sign the Provided Release Form.
- Attendees Must bring their own prayer’s rug and to place it properly at one of the marked spot.
- Attendees are to bring their own copy of the Qur’an for reading & hand sanitizer.
- No Item(s) Sharing (Prayer’s Rug, Qur’an, sanitizers, .etc.)
- Wudu’a should be done before coming to the Center.
- There will be No Open Restrooms for use or washing at the CENTER.
- Attendees may be requested to have their Temperature checked or screened for symptoms before entering the prayer area.
- People 65 years & older, anyone sick with flu, fever, cough, or their immune system is compromised, or have other health issues are strongly recommended not to attend.
- We kindly request that Women don’t attend as the Jumu’ah Prayer is not obligatory upon them. Women could attend the 5 daily prayers.
- No prayers after Fard Salah and Please Pray Sunnah at Home.
- Management reserves the right to request anyone to leave if they feel their well-being or the well-being of others is at risk.
- No Gathering or socializing before/after the prayer.
- The Center will open 10 Minutes before the Iqamah and Closes at 10 Minutes after the Jama’ah Prayer is finished.
- Children under the age of 15 are required to stay home.
- Attendees are requested to accept and adhere to all posted signs and instructions.
- All Attendees will enter from the front door by the front office and exit from the Maple Street Front Door to the front walkway. Therefore, please bring a bag for your shoes and place it next to the wall of Adams Street side in order to avoid going back to the entrance hall.
These are all precautionary steps but all the affairs are in the Hands of Allah SWT and we are required to do what are our abilities. May Allah SWT protect us and forgive our shortcomings, and May He SWT grant all of us good health and strong Iman.
Release form for All prayers including Fridays
In order to protect your masjid, kindly read and sign the required RELEASE FORM
Friday Prayer Registration
Because of social distancing guidelines (6 feet distance), the Islamic Center of Glendale requires advance spot registration for Friday Prayer. The center has decided to hold two Friday prayer services. Each service will be shortened to 20 minutes. The first one starts at 1:00 PM and ends at 1:20 PM and the second one starts at 1:40 PM and ends at 2:00 PM. An advance spot registration is required. Please select one time prayer service and
hold your spot by following links below:
Note: Please reserve only one spot. Don’t double reserve. Doing so will deny others. JazakAllah.
The five daily prayers Iqamah time
Fajr: 5:00 AM
Zuhr: 1:15 PM
Asr: 5:00 PM
Maghreb: 5 Minutes after Sunset
Isha: 9:45 PM
Importance of Prayer
Prophet (PBUH) said, “The first matter that the slave will be brought to account for on the Day of Judgment is the prayer. If it is sound, then the rest of his deeds will be sound. And if it is bad, then the rest of his deeds will be bad.”
Allah say’s in the Holy Quran:
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh!
Eid Prayer will be held at the Masjid on Thursday May 13th with Takbeerat starting 5 minutes after 7:00 AM and the Eid Prayer at 7:30 AM.
The Brothers’ Prayers will be held outside the facility under the canopy over the Grass Area as the case for Friday prayers and the overflow will be Inside in the main Prayer hall and the basement.
The Sisters’ prayer area will be in the stage area, the two rooms with entrances from the two doors from the front parking Lot.
PLEASE NO CHILDREN UNDER 12 YEARS
Zakatul-Fitr: is $12 per person and must be given before the EID PRAYER otherwise it will be considered as Sadaqah. You could pay it using the methods to the left and kindly provide a note that it is ZAKATUL-FITR otherwise it may be considered as General Donations.
We are very pleased that the Chevy Chase Medical Center is allowing us to use their Parking Facility ONLY FOR the EID Prayer. The facility is located at 801 S. Chevy Chase Drive, Glendale, CA 91205, which is two blocks south of our Masjid and on Windsor Rd. The parking section assigned to us is facing Adams Street. You could Enter from the Entrance in the Middle of the Block or from the Emergency Entrance and proceed to the assigned section of the Parking lot which is facing Addams Street. PLEASE DO NOT PARK ON RESERVED OR RESTRICTED SPOTS AND FOLLOW THE SECURITY officer Directions.
Friday & Regular Prayers
Pre-registration is required for friday prayer due LA County Health Department and reduced capacity
The Islamic Center Of Glendale Is Cordially Inviting You To the Friday Prayer.
We are offering one Jumu’ah prayer service at 1:00 PM. ATTENDEES Must wear a Mask covering mouth & nose and have their Own Prayer Rug and Fully Comply with the GUIDELINES LISTED BELOW.
PLEASE PRE-REGISTER NOW We kindly request everyone to Register now or as soon as possible and to inform others in order for us to be betterly prepared for the required arrangements especially if the demands exceeds the available capacity.