The Islamic Center of Glendale is a Religious Corporation organized and operated exclusively for religious purposes within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. It is determined by the IRS and the State of California that is fully tax exempt as any of largest recognized churches in the US.
The objective of the Center to serve the best interests of the Muslim community of Glendale and the Greater Los Angeles Area in accordance with Islamic teachings. The following enumeration of the purposes is made in furtherance, and not in limitation, of the powers conferred by law and is not intended, by the mention of any particular purpose, in any manner to limit or restrict any of the powers of ICG, other than as provided below. Towards this purpose objective, the ICG shall:
1. Arrange and hold regular Islamic congregational prayers.
2. Promote mutual understanding and friendly relations between Muslims and non-Muslims and to foster peace, justice, harmony and cooperation with other organizations and communities.
3. Conduct and engage in religious, charitable, educational, cultural, and other activities according to Islamic teachings as specified in the Holy Quran and the Sunnah (teachings, examples and actions approved by the Prophet Muhammad, Peace Be Upon Him (PBUH)).
4. Educate Muslims and non-Muslims about Islam and the Islamic way of life.
5. Develop appropriate and adequate institutions to serve Islam. This includes establishing educational institutions to provide quality Islamic education in an Islamic environment.
6. Cooperate with other Islamic organizations and individuals in achieving these goals and engage in such other activities as may be desirable or required to fulfill the purposes and objectives of ICG.